The Thamesgate Group
The History of the Group
Thamesgate was started by Nick Watkins, Managing Director, in October 2003 as an electrical contracting company. The company has grown into a unified building services group with divisions covering:
The world keeps moving forward, and so does Thamesgate. The company continues to extend its installation and refurbishment services to reflect developments in technology, construction and customer needs. With the UK working to meet its 2020 Carbon Reduction commitments and more frequent electrical supply disruptions expected, Thamesgate is well-positioned in a market seeking established, innovative, client-friendly and unified service companies.
Why Clients Choose The Thamesgate Group
Here are just a few of the reasons why Thamesgate are approved service and system suppliers to many national organisations, European manufacturers and public sector organisations.
- A long serving core team with many years experience.
- Extensive investment in our management systems and training.
- Clients can select a unified engineering approach or select services from four specialist divisions to match their project needs
- Thamesgate directly employ trained and certified electricians, electrical and mechanical engineers – no subcontractors
- In-house 3D CAD design team, manufacturing, paint and joinery facilities
- In-house project management team for end-to-end projects
- Nationwide coverage across the UK and Eire
- 24/7 nationwide emergency ‘call out’ team
- ISO certified quality and environmental management systems
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme trained staff
- NICEIC, CHAS and Constructionline certified
- NEBOSH qualified and fully CRB checked staff
- CSCS certified staff for safe site working
- Full insurance: certificates on request
- Short manufacturing times
If you would like to learn more about Thamesgate, or become one of our suppliers or partners please contact us or follow Thamesgate on Twitter.
Thamesgate also provide Testimonials and Customer Case Studies on this website.
- 2003 Thamesgate registered as a Limited company and expanded to offer a complete range of interior refurbishment solutions.
- 2004 Thamesgate gain NICEIC accreditation, and become an approved Service Partner for the installation and maintenance of Riello UPS systems.
- 2005 Thamesgate partner Viscount Furniture (Now Temple Furniture) to offer bespoke joinery and furniture services. Thamesgate carry out its first £1,000,000 plus refurbishment at the new headquarters of the NHBC.
- 2006 Thamesgate purchase Temple Furniture, and carry out refurbishments for Dione PLC and Expotel Limited, both in excess of £400,000.
- 2007 Thamesgate are awarded the contract to design and build the £250,000 Specialist Learning Support Unit at the Christchurch School.
- 2008 Thamesgate carries out its first non-UK contract for Equifax in southern Ireland (Eire).
- 2009 Thamesgate secure a 3-5 year contract to maintain the Fire Alarm, Emergency Lighting and Nurse Call Systems for all Local Authority properties in the Southend-on-Sea borough. Thamesgate move to a new premises due to continued growth.
- 2010 Thamesgate are awarded the internal fit-out of The New Sissinghurst School, complete with bespoke fitted furniture in every area.
- 2011 Thamesgate invests in its corporate branding, literature and website. The company completes its certification to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and is also MCS certified for the installation of solar PV panels.
- 2012 Thamesgate launches Thamesgate Furniture, a website dedicated to its bespoke educational and school furniture manufacturing business and ECO Power Supplies a website focussing on power protection, renewable energy and power management.
- 2013 Thamesgate is approved as an Endorser of the EC Code of Conduct on Data Centre Energy Efficiency.
Associations and Certifications
Thamesgate has invested in its management systems to ensure compliance and certification to the relevant national and industry standards, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Other relevant certifications include:
- CHAS: the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS), dedicated to completing health and safety pre-qualification assessments to a nationally recognised and accepted threshold standard.
- Constructionline: the UK’s largest register for pre-qualified contractors and consultants, proven to deliver efficiency, time and cost saving and best practice for public and private sector organisations Recommended by the OGC Common Minimum Standards and The Local Government Task Force.
- SafeContractor: the fastest growing health and safety accreditation scheme in the UK, with more than 160 major clients and almost 18,000 contractor members. Registered members with the Safecontractor scheme include clients and contractors from a wide range of professional disciplines and industry sectors.
- Acclaim Accreditation: a health and safety accreditation service exclusive to Constructionline members.
- NICEIC: the electrical contracting industries independent voluntary body for electrical installation matters throughout the UK.
- Environment Agency: as a licensed Waste Carrier for the shipment of batteries, UPS, DC standby power systems and generators for disposal and recycling.
Thamesgate Team Certifications and Qualifications
As a nationally recognised contractor, the Thamesgate team includes:
- CRB vetted staff. The CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) searches an individual’s details against criminal records and other sources, including the Police National Computer. The check may reveal convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings.
- CSCS trained staff. The CSCS (Construction Skills Certificiation Scheme) provides proof of occupational competence for contractors, public and private clients when involved in construction projects.
- NEBOSH qualified staff. NEBOSH is an independent, National Examination Board for Occupational Safety and Health
Other Industry Associations
Electrical Contracting Association
The Electrical Contractors Association, representing the best in electrical engineering and building services.
Micro Certification Scheme
The MCS certificates microgeneration technologies used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources.
Renewable Energy Association
The Renewable Energy Association represents renewable energy producers and promotes the use of all forms of renewable energy in the UK.
For more information please contact us.